Nestled in the heart of Bangor, Warrior Assault is Northern Ireland’s only outdoor obstacle race for the whole family to get involved in.
Whether you’re a seasoned mud run veteran, or new to the experience, this is a family obstacle race that will wet everyone’s appetite.
Held in the beautiful parklands of the Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Complex, this promises to be a fantastic event. With 10km, 5km and 2km assault course options for the whole family, topped off with an event village, DJ, live music and stalls, this will be a day out to remember.
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR
5TH OCTOBER 2019
2KM, 5KM & 10KM COURSES
We have obstacle courses to suit everyone, from seasoned adrenaline junkies to first time mud runners.
Adults 16+ years: 10km & 5km options – how far do you want to go?
Teens 12-15 years old: Separate wave of the fun-filled adult course
Family wave: For families to complete the challenge together
Kids 4-11 years: Our fantastic 2km Junior Warriors course (distance optional depending on age)
Work your way around the course and overcome 30+ fun and challenging obstacles, suitable for all levels of fitness, to become a Warrior!
No room for that novelty oversized hat
No room to turn around
Cargo Net Crawl | Mud Crawl | Trenches | Pipe Tunnels | Belly Crawl
Hurdles | Slalom | Tyre Run | Balance Beans | Fire Jump
Don’t dangle for too long
Monkey bars | Flying bars
Steady does it
Water Carry | Log Carry | Sandbag Throw | Sandbag Carry
Might need a helping hand
The Pyramid | A Frame Wall | Vertical Wall | Tyre Wall | Medium Wall | Cargo Net Climb | Over & Under Walls | High Wall | Tyre Climb
3 storeys high…yikes! (over 16s only)
Award Winning Water Slide
EXPERIENCE DAYSunday 9th September
Following the success of our first Experience Day in June, we’ll be doing it all again on Sunday 9th September. Come along and try out a range of Warrior Assault obstacles and get expert tips on training for an Obstacle Course Mud Run. Children aged 4+ can join the fun, so the whole family can get involved! Tickets are just £3 (plus booking fee).
Everything you need to know about participating for this event
Where is Warrior Assault?
You’ll be racing within the stunning surroundings of this unique venue, with all the top-class facilities at your fingertips.
Find us at:
Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Centre Complex
3 Valentine Road
What distance is the course?
We have a 5km and 10km option, as well as a 2km option for children aged 4-11 years (distance optional depending on age).
What is the age restriction for the race?
These events are aimed at the whole family, from complete beginners to regular OCR participants
• 4-11 years: Kids course, 2km (distance depending on age)
• 12-15 years: Adult course, 5km. All obstacles except the water slide which is over 16’s only. There will be a specific ‘teen wave’ so this age group will only run with people in that age bracket
• 16+ years: Adult course, 5km or 10km option (they choose which option they want to complete on the day)
When is the event?
Saturday 5th October 2019
What time is the event?
On sign up, you can select which ‘wave’ you would like to participate in. The waves are as following:
10:30 am – Competitive Wave (Adult)
11:00 am – Competitive Wave (Adult)
11:30 am – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:00 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:30 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:45 pm – Teen Wave (12 – 15 yrs old)
13.00 pm – Family Friendly Wave (Adults & Teens)
13:30 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
14:00 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:15 Kids Race – 2 km – 4-11 yr olds
13:15 Kids Race – 2 km – 4-11 yr olds
14:15 – Kids Race 2 Km – 4-11 yr olds
*The Family Fun Wave will take place on the main 5k course and is suitable for children aged 12+ to compete with their families. Children aged 12-15 will be able to complete all obstacles except the water slide which is over 16’s only.
Do we get a medal?
How much does it cost?
Family Entry £60 (2 adults & 2 kids)
Adults 16+ £30
Adults team £30
Teens 12-15 years £20
Kids 4-11 years old £15
Kids Team entry (4-11 years) £15
Squad of 10+ Save 10%, Platoon of 15+ Save 15%, and Battalion of 20+ Save 20%
How do people sign up?
Sign up online through our booking system here
Can I skip an obstacle?
Do I need to be able to swim to compete?
What do I need to bring?
Here’s our list of essentials, but be sure to add your own!
• Your race clothes: leggings/shorts (joggers will be too heavy when wet), tshirt/technical running tee (if you have one – either long or short sleeves), socks, old trainers
• Safety pins: for your race number
• Bin bags: for standing/sitting on, plus it’s easier to throw your wet, muddy gear into them to take home!
• Change of clothes: you will get wet and muddy
• Change of trainers: there’s nothing worse than wet feet!
• Towel: just make sure it’s not your mama’s best white, fluffy towels!
• Spare socks and undies
• Wet wipes
• Jumper: don’t get cold when the adrenaline wears off
• Water: stay hydrated, although there are refreshments available in our event village
• Carrier bag: again useful for wet clothes, but also to take away your rubbish and keep our parks clean
• Blanket: for sitting on/keeping warm
• Cash: for spending at the event village
• Deodorant: it will be a long drive home if not!
• Medication (if required): don’t forget your inhaler if you need one!
• Your sense of adventure: fun guaranteed
• Remember: lockers are available but please avoid taking valuables with you
Will there be showers?
Will there be anywhere I can leave my valuables?
Yes. We encourage you to leave any unnecessary valuables at home, however we know there will be some things you’ll need to keep in a safe place on the day so a secure bag drop for small valuables will be available at the Village.
Can I take a waterproof camera/phone with me?
We advise you to leave your valuables with a spectator or in our lockers so you don’t lose them.
Will there be car parking?
Squad of 10+ Save 10%, Platoon of 15+ Save 15% and Battalion of 20+ Save 20%