Nestled in the heart of Bangor, Warrior Assault is Northern Ireland’s only outdoor obstacle race for the whole family to get involved in.
Whether you’re a seasoned mud run veteran, or new to the experience, this is a family obstacle race that will wet everyone’s appetite.
Held in the beautiful parklands of the Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Complex, this promises to be a fantastic event. With 10km, 5km and 1km assault course options for the whole family, topped off with an event village, DJ, live music and stalls, this will be a day out to remember.
18TH MAY 2019
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR
5TH OCTOBER 2019
3KM, 5KM & 10KM COURSES
We have obstacle courses to suit everyone, from seasoned adrenaline junkies to first time mud runners.
Adults 16+ years: 10km & 5km options – how far do you want to go?
Teens 12-15 years old: Separate wave of the fun-filled adult course
Family wave: For families to complete the challenge together
Kids 4-11 years: Our fantastic 3km Junior Warriors course (distance optional depending on age)
Work your way around the course and overcome 30+ fun and challenging obstacles, suitable for all levels of fitness, to become a Warrior!
No room for that novelty oversized hat
No room to turn around
Cargo Net Crawl | Mud Crawl | Trenches | Pipe Tunnels | Belly Crawl
Hurdles | Slalom | Tyre Run | Balance Beans | Fire Jump
Don’t dangle for too long
Monkey bars | Flying bars
Steady does it
Water Carry | Log Carry | Sandbag Throw | Sandbag Carry
Might need a helping hand
A Frame Wall | Vertical Wall | Tyre Wall | Medium Wall | Cargo Net Climb | Over & Under Walls | High Wall | Tyre Climb
Briefly wash away that mud
Water Crossing | Water Wipeout (floating step stones) | Water Wade (Across Lake) | Swim/Wade
EXPERIENCE DAYSunday 9th September
Following the success of our first Experience Day in June, we’ll be doing it all again on Sunday 9th September. Come along and try out a range of Warrior Assault obstacles and get expert tips on training for an Obstacle Course Mud Run. Children aged 4+ can join the fun, so the whole family can get involved! Tickets are just £3 (plus booking fee).
Warrior Assault is growing in popularity, and you can become a special sponsor with fantastic benefits, which includes up to 20 complimentary spaces to take part in the event! Find out more…
JOIN OUR MAIN SPONSOR- CLUB ZERO
Everything you need to know about participating for this event
Where is Warrior Assault?
You’ll be racing within the stunning surroundings of this unique venue, with all the top-class facilities at your fingertips.
Find us at:
Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Centre Complex
3 Valentine Road
What distance is the course?
What is the age restriction for the race?
• 4-11 years: Kids course, 3km (distance depending on age)
• 12-15 years: Adult course, 5km, but without one of the obstacles. There will be a specific ‘teen wave’ so this age group will only run with people in that age bracket
• 16+ years: Adult course, 5km or 10km option (they choose which option they want to complete on the day)
When is the event?
What time is the event?
On sign up, you can select which ‘wave’ you would like to participate in. The waves are as following:
10:30 am – Competitive Wave (Adult)
11:00 am – Competitive Wave (Adult)
11:30 am – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:00 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:30 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:45 pm – Teen Wave (12 – 15 yrs old)
13.00 pm – Family Friendly Wave (Adults & Teens)
13:30 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
14:00 pm – Fun Wave (Adult)
12:15 Kids Race – 3 km – 4-11 yr olds
13:15 Kids Race – 3 km – 4-11 yr olds
14:15 – Kids Race 3 Km – 4-11 yr olds
*The Family Fun Wave will take place on the main 5k course and is suitable for children aged 12+ to compete with their families. Children aged 12-15 will be able to complete all obstacles.
Do we get a medal?
How much does it cost?
Adults 16+ £42.50
Adults team £42.50
Teens 12-15 years £20
Kids 4-11 years old £15
Kids Team entry (4-11 years) £15
Squad of 10+ Save 10%, Platoon of 15+ Save 15%, and Battalion of 20+ Save 20%
How do people sign up?
Can I skip an obstacle?
Do I need to be able to swim to compete?
What do I need to bring?
Here’s our list of essentials, but be sure to add your own!
• Your race clothes: leggings/shorts (joggers will be too heavy when wet), tshirt/technical running tee (if you have one – either long or short sleeves), socks, old trainers
• Safety pins: for your race number
• Bin bags: for standing/sitting on, plus it’s easier to throw your wet, muddy gear into them to take home!
• Change of clothes: you will get wet and muddy
• Change of trainers: there’s nothing worse than wet feet!
• Towel: just make sure it’s not your mama’s best white, fluffy towels!
• Spare socks and undies
• Wet wipes
• Jumper: don’t get cold when the adrenaline wears off
• Water: stay hydrated, although there are refreshments available in our event village
• Carrier bag: again useful for wet clothes, but also to take away your rubbish and keep our parks clean
• Blanket: for sitting on/keeping warm
• Cash: for spending at the event village
• Deodorant: it will be a long drive home if not!
• Medication (if required): don’t forget your inhaler if you need one!
• Your sense of adventure: fun guaranteed
• Remember: lockers are available but please avoid taking valuables with you
Will there be showers?
Will there be anywhere I can leave my valuables?
Can I take a waterproof camera/phone with me?
Free event photographs will be available after the event by our fantastic professional photographers.
Will there be car parking?
Squad of 10+ Save 10%, Platoon of 15+ Save 15% and Battalion of 20+ Save 20%